Help us directly support ongoing research and education about Orcas and other marine mammals.
Samish belongs to the J-2 family group. Her living offspring are Hy'Shqa (J-37), Suttles (J-40) and Se-Yi'-Chn (J-45). She is also the grandmother to Hy'Shqa's calf, T'ilem I'nges (J-49). Since the birth of her daughter Hy'Shqa, Samish's family has been named in traditional potlatch ceremonies.
(Watermark does not appear on actual adoption photo.)
When you symbolically adopt a Southern Resident Orca for a year, you will receive:
- A personalized adoption certificate with a 3" x 5" photo of your whale.
- A personal biography of your whale.
- A genealogy chart and informational booklet about the Southern Resident Orcas.
- An annual subscription to our Cetus newsletter.
- An "Orca Steward" patch and a bumper sticker.
- A one-year Individual membership to The Whale Museum.
- Monthly E-mail Orca Update
Family Adoptions include 2 "Orca Steward" patches, 2 bumper stickers and a soft-framed photo (taken from shore) of members of your whale's pod. In addition, you get free admission to our Exhibit Hall for immediate family members!
Classroom Adoptions include a personalized certificate for each member of the class and activities and handouts for the classroom. Membership benefits apply to the teacher of the class. Please e-mail class list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us to order additional patches. Patches are $1.25 each. See more Resources for Educators available through The Whale Museum.
All orders with be processed and in the mail within three business days.