Proceeds from orca adoptions support ongoing education, research and public outreach on behalf of the Southern Resident Community of killer whales.
(Watermark does not appear on actual adoption photo.)
is the first offspring of Slick (J-16)
. He was named after the late Canadian scientist Dr. Michael Bigg who was known as the "father of killer whale research". Mike's living siblings are, Alki (J-36)
, Echo (J-42)
and youngest sibling, Scarlet (J-50)
, who was born in late December 2014. He is also an uncle to Alki's first offspring who lived just two-and-a half years.
A one-year symbolic orca adoption includes:
- A personalized adoption certificate with a 3" x 5" photo of your whale.
- A personal biography of your whale.
- A genealogy chart.
- A 16-page informational booklet about the Southern Resident Orcas.
- An annual subscription to our Cetus newsletter.
- Monthly orca updates delivered via email.
- A one-year Whale Museum individual membership.
- Eco Friendly adoption delivered via email includes personalized desktop certificate (patch, bumper sticker and 16-page Southern Resident Orca booklet not included).
See what is included in Email (Eco) and Family or Classroom
packages! Just change package & delivery options below.
All prices reflect shipping. Packages ship within 3 business days.
In a hurry? Check out our Ready-to-go Orca Adoptions.